July: It’s the seventh month of the yr (fifth within the Roman calendar), rhymes with reply, ought to rhyme with really, has a whopping 31 days—all nice advertising and marketing opps for your small business! Just joshin. That’d be unhappy. But July is stuffed with many alternatives for artistic advertising and marketing—it’s National Anti-Boredom Month, Independent Retailer Month, dwelling to World Emoji Day, Pandemonium Day, and a lot extra.
Celebrate World Emoji Day and National Ice Cream Day in a single put up.
Better but, you don’t even must do the brainstorming! In this put up, I’ve taken care of all of that for you with:
- An inventory of July consciousness causes, themes, nationwide days, and holidays.
- Over 35 artistic concepts for incorporating them into your articles, posts, occasions, and promotions.
- Real examples of those concepts in motion.
Table of contents
July consciousness causes
- Fireworks Safety Month
- Eye Injury Prevention Month
- UV Safety Month
- Minority Mental Health Month
- Ice Cream Month
- Anti-Boredom Month
- Grilling Month
- Purposeful Parenting Month
- Independent Retailer Month
- Therapeutic Recreation Week (second week of July)
- Everybody Deserves a Massage Week (second week after 4th of July)
- Parenting Gifted Children Week (third week of July)
- Clean Beaches Week (July 1-7)
- World Reggae Day (July 1)
July holidays and nationwide days
You can see a extra full listing on the finish of this put up, however right here is my curated mixture of the intense, the subtle, and the downright foolish:
- July 1: Postal Worker Day
- July 3: Compliment Your Mirror Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- July 11: Cheer Up The Lonely Day
- July 13: Cow Appreciation Day – Changes Annually
- July 14: Pandemonium Day
- July 15: Get to Know Your Customers Day – Third Thursday of Each Quarter
- July 17: World Emoji Day
- July 18: Ice Cream Day – Third Sunday in July
- July 25: Hire a Veteran Day
- July 26: All or Nothing Day
- July 28: National Buffalo Soldiers Day
- July 30: National Get Gnarly Day
In July we rejoice, America, mother and father, and cows. (Image source)
Diversity, fairness & inclusion advertising and marketing concepts in July
While it’s at all times a good suggestion to incorporate variety, fairness, and inclusion advertising and marketing in your plans year-round, there are a couple of observances particularly in July that you simply received’t need to miss:
National Minority Mental Health Month
July was proclaimed Minority Mental Health Month in 2008 by the US House of Representatives. This helps be sure that not solely do individuals of shade have entry to enough psychological healthcare, but additionally that well being professionals are culturally conscious, empathetic, non-judgmental, and capable of correctly diagnose every affected person who walks into their workplace.
Spread consciousness utilizing sources like BIPOC’s MMHM toolkit, or give you an occasion of your personal to help this inclusivity-related trigger.
Recreation for the Disabled Day (July 2)
Did over 15% of the world’s inhabitants lives with a incapacity? Historically, individuals with totally different skills have had restricted entry to leisure actions. Recreation for the Disabled Day goals to vary that by bringing consciousness to the methods the world may be extra inclusive for all.
To participate on this day, sponsor or volunteer at an area recreation heart that’s accessible to people with various skills. Alternatively, reminding your viewers to assist unfold consciousness and offering tips about how they will make a distinction may be simply as efficient.
Malala Day (July 12)
Malala Day celebrates the work of Malala Yousafzai, a world human rights activist and the world’s youngest Nobel prize winner. Malala is from Pakistan which is an space recognized to deprive girls and younger women of training. Her stand on training for all finally result in her being shot by the Taliban. Despite this occasion, Malala courageously continued with the trigger she believed in.
Her perseverance has impressed a worldwide motion for extra accessible training throughout all corners of the world. Inspire your viewers with Malala quotes, like these included in her memoir: I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot. Another concept can be to rejoice the work of Malala, and share how your small business’s group is working in direction of higher training accessibility for minorities.
National Buffalo Soldiers Day (July 28)
It’s vital to grab each alternative you may to rejoice variety in your advertising and marketing. Acknowledge National Buffalo Soldiers Day on July 28 to commemorate among the earliest Black troops within the US Military who served on the Western frontier after the Civil War.
July advertising and marketing concepts for month-long consciousness
And now, it’s time to get right down to (advertising and marketing your) enterprise. We’ll first begin with July advertising and marketing concepts primarily based on month-to-month consciousness causes and then transfer to single-day observances.
National Independent Retailer Month
July is the designated month for celebrating impartial retailers who, like all local businesses, assist to construct our economic system, cities, and communities. Promote your personal enterprise in case you are one, or present your help for impartial retailers in your group.
National Anti-Boredom Month
After the July 4th festivities, the summer time warmth and structureless days can begin to creep in with looming threats of boredom.
Here are some concepts to assist your target market keep away from the canine days of summer time:
- Host a gratifying month-long problem round meals, health, hydration, or one thing associated to your small business.
- Share your favourite summer time spots and actions.
- Write a weblog put up compiling occasions happening in your space.
- Ask your followers for suggestions on books, locations to go, DIY initiatives, and many others.
Or, take a no-nonsense method like this enterprise did:
National Grilling Month
I attempted to think about methods to place a artistic twist on issues to make it extra broadly relevant, however to no avail—until you’re into grilling your clients for suggestions…
But I did discover some concepts on Facebook. This enterprise ran a contest with a grilling-themed prize.
This electrical firm inspired its followers to avoid wasting electrical energy by grilling outdoors:
National UV Safety Month
The solar received’t run out of hydrogen for one more 5 billion years, so contemplate it an evergreen matter. No matter what enterprise you’re in, you may’t go incorrect with posting UV security ideas.
Make your personal picture with a content material advertising and marketing software like Canva, like this enterprise did:
Or borrow an infographic from the CDC:
Everybody Deserves a Massage Week (normally third week in July)
If you might be in any manner related to massages, whether or not that be a standard therapeutic massage studio, a bodily therapist, or a salon, it is best to undoubtedly be taking benefit this week by working gross sales promotions.
If you’re not a spa or salon, accomplice up with an area supplier to see for those who can run a mutually-beneficial deal.
Or take it a step additional like these guys:
July advertising and marketing concepts primarily based on nationwide days
Christmas in July (varies)
According to my cursory analysis ( aka the Real Simple magazine), Christmas in July started in 1993 with a summer time camp in Brevard, NC. And then someplace alongside the road, companies started utilizing it as a advertising and marketing software. Here are some methods you may observe go well with.
Run offers and gross sales to get new clients coming in. BigCommerce tells us that repeat clients spend 25% extra per transaction in the course of the (actual) vacation season, whereas a brand new buyer spends solely 17% extra. So begin constructing that repeat buyer base now!
This photographer promoted household picture shoots, framed as a solution to get your Christmas card picture taken care of early (and once you’ve bought that summer time look going). Depending on the climate, winter garments could or will not be a good suggestion!
Or merely run a beneficiant flash sale that’ll really feel like, nicely, Christmas in July.
Compliment Your Mirror Day (July 3)
Compliment Your Mirror Day, noticed on July third, encourages individuals to really feel constructive about themselves—inside and out. If it matches with the tone of your model and your viewers, acknowledge it on social media.
You may even Instagram marketing campaign the place clients can obtain a share off services or products in change for posting a selfie and customized hashtag.
International Chocolate Day (July 7)
Anyone can get behind this vacation. Whether it’s with a sweet counting contest, giving out Hershey’s Kisses to clients, or simply posting a humorous meme. Or, you would get some chocolatey USB drives made up together with your emblem on em!
Gruntled Workers Day – July 13
So sure, gruntled is a phrase. It means happy, happy, or content material.
- Gather suggestions out of your workers to see if you may make any enhancements to their expertise. Happy workers make for comfortable clients (who write critiques).
- Write a thought management put up on firm tradition constructing and spotlight yours within the course of.
- Remind your viewers of your dedication to buyer expertise.
Give Something Away Day (July 15)
Rather than working an Instagram giveaway, contemplate internet hosting a charity fundraiser for Give Something Away Day. Consumers like doing enterprise with folks that share their values. Doing one thing in your group or a larger trigger will interact your followers and make a constructive affect.
National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday in July)
I’m going to spare you the “I scream you scream” and share just a little historical past with you. Back within the day (1984), former President Ronald Reagan determined July was to be National Ice Cream Month and that the third Sunday in July can be National Ice Cream Day. Ice cream retailers, this one nicely. For the non-frozen dairy-delighted, check out these concepts:
- Run an ice cream social: Use that frozen sugary goodness to lure clients into your retailer! In addition to providing free ice cream, present particular reductions on objects or coupons with a purchase order.
- Have an inner ice cream sundae get together at your small business and share on social media: the scrumptious masterpieces, the mess, the individuals indulging. Even higher, buy the ice cream from an area retailer and tag them in your posts.
- Offer free ice cream after a category or session: Get extra signups for a exercise or yoga class with the promise of a free ice cream afterward. (Organic ice cream for the yoga people).
- Try getting artistic together with your content material: We don’t at all times use ice cream cones to elucidate advertising and marketing ideas, however after we do…
Get to Know Your Customers Day (third Thursday)
You ought to already know your clients just like the again of your hand, however you also needs to at all times be studying—particularly with the shape-shifters we customers have grow to be as a result of pandemic.
Get to Know Your Customers Day occurs on the third Thursday of each quarter— reminder to remain in your toes and alternative to strengthen your shopper relationships.
Share a survey by way of electronic mail or social media—one thing temporary however significant sufficient to reveal that you simply worth your clients, and to be informative to you.
You may additionally take a lighter method on social media. Ask extra playful questions, like “would you rather,” “yay or nay,” “when was the last time you…” however preserve the matters related so you may glean one thing from the solutions.
National Parents’ Day (fourth Saturday in July)
With Mother’s and Father’s Day taking on all of the healthful limelight, Parent’s Day typically will get uncared for. Parents work tirelessly for his or her youngsters, so honor the mother and father in your viewers!
Consider taking a extra emotional method together with your model on this present day. Acknowledge the hard-working mother and father on the market, however keep delicate to the truth that not everybody has dwelling mother and father, that not all mother and father are one merchandise, and that there are numerous caretakers who’re like a father or mother.
Fourth of July advertising and marketing concepts
But in fact! It’s the most important vacation of the summer time. Here are some methods to include this patriotic vacation into your advertising and marketing:
- Holiday promotions: Offer a 17.76% low cost, cut back an merchandise worth to $17.76, or use promo codes like FIREWORKS or FREEDOM. Create buy-one-get-one offers for appropriately-themed merchandise. Or simply run a sale just because it’s a vacation—ain’t nothin’ incorrect with that.
- Run a giveaway: Offer up a purple, white, and blue-themed prize, barbeque provides, a present card, or perhaps a survival equipment like a garden chair, bug spray, hand sanitizer, glowsticks, and many others.
- Write a weblog put up on matters associated to your small business, via the lens of themes like freedom, independence, stars, stripes, and extra. Or, if relevant to your small business, write extra sensible posts like firecracker security ideas, ideas for retaining your canine calm throughout fireworks, or journey ideas.
- Get artistic: Ditch the stock photography and get creative with your digital media. Or ditch the cliches and try out some of these authentic 4th of July Instagram captions.
- Send a greeting to your customers: Whether it’s through a card, email, social post, or text, send a little 4th of July message to your customers wishing them a safe and happy holiday.
Got any July advertising and marketing concepts? Share em!
Not the entire July consciousness causes and observances had been lined on this put up. There are far too many. But when you’ve got any concepts of your personal, we’d like to see them within the feedback.
PS right here’s our full collection of month-to-month advertising and marketing concepts
And for a yr’s value of promoting concepts, check out this marketing calendar template from our friends at LOCALiQ.
As promised, here’s a extra full listing of July observances which will or could not apply to your small business:
Full listing of July holidays
Canada DayInternational Joke DayAmerican Zoo DayNational Postal Worker Day
National Eat Your Beans DayNational Hop-a-Park Day (first Saturday in July)
Independence DayNational Barbecued Spareribs Day
National Hawaii DayNational Workaholics DayNational Bikini Day
International Kissing Day
National Tell the Truth DayNational Dive Bar DayNational Father-Daughter Take a Walk DayNational Strawberry Sundae Day
Collector Car Appreciation Day – Changes Annually July 9, 2021
National Kitten DayNational Pina Colada Day
National Cheer Up The Lonely DayAll American Pet Photo DayNational Mojito DayNational 7-Eleven Day
National Simplicity DayNational Different Colored Eyes Day
Cow Appreciation Day – Changes Annually
National Pandemonium DayNational Tape Measure DayNational Nude Day
National Give Something Away DayNational I Love Horses DayNational Pet Fire Safety DayGet to Know Your Customers Day – Third Thursday of Each Quarter
National Lottery DayWorld Emoji DayToss Away the “Could Haves” and “Should Haves” Day – Third Saturday in July
National Ice Cream Day – Third Sunday in July
National Get Out of the Dog House Day – Third Monday in July
National Junk Food DayNational Be Someone Day
National Hammock DayNational Rat Catcher’s DayNational Refreshment Day – Fourth Thursday in July
Gorgeous Grandma Day
National Drive-Thru DayNational Cousins DayNational Amelia Earhart DayNational Day of the Cowboy – Fourth Saturday in July
National Hire a Veteran DayNational Wine and Cheese DayNational Parent’s Day – Fourth Sunday in July
National Aunt and Uncle’s DayNational Bagelfest DayNational Disability Independence DayNational All or Nothing Day
National Love is Kind Day
Buffalo Soldiers DayNational Waterpark Day
National Intern Day – Last Thursday in July
National Father-in-Law DayNational Whistleblower DayNational Talk in an Elevator Day – Last Friday in JulyNational System Administrator Appreciation Day – Last Friday in JulyNational Get Gnarly Day – Last Friday in JulyNational Support Public Education DayInternational Day of Friendship
National Mutt Day