February is house to probably the most romantic vacation of the 12 months:
Just kidding (shouldn’t that be in March anyway?). But there may be a lot extra to February than Branch’s Conversation Hearts and #sharethelove. So right this moment, I’m showering you with over 50 inventive and February advertising concepts and examples that will help you join with prospects and construct your model.
Table of contents
February consciousness causes
Below is a listing of consciousness causes acknowledged in February that may assist you to with cause-related advertising.
- American History Month
- American Heart Month (coronary heart illness)
- Bake for Family Fun Month
- Black History Month
- Cancer Prevention Month
- Children’s Dental Health Month
- Embroidery Month
- Free and Open-Source Software Month
- Library Lover’s Month
- Self-Check Month
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
- Wedding Month
Some of those are normal whereas others are extremely particular, so relying on what you are promoting, your commerce, or your niche, you could or could not be capable of apply these to your February social media and marketing campaigns (National Embroidery Month isn’t precisely versatile, for instance).
February nationwide days
There’s a full checklist of February nationwide days and dates on the backside of this submit, however listed below are some highlights:
- Known: Groundhog Day, President’s Day, Valentine’s Day (Valentine’s Day marketing ideas here), Galentine’s Day.
- Fun: Day the Music Died Day, Ice Cream for Breakfast Day, Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day, Make a Friend Day, Do A Grouch a Favor Day, Comfy Day, Optimist Day.
- Meaningful: Freedom Day, Girls and Women in Sports Day, Wear Red Day, Safer Internet Day, Random Acts of Kindness Day, Shut-In Visitation Day, Set a Good Example Day, Skip the Straw Day.
- Industry-specific: Toothache Day, Dog Biscuit Day, Love Your Pet Day, Spay Day, Clean Out Your Computer Day, Caregivers Day, Lash Day, Home Warranty Day, Women Physicians Day.
- Well alright: Public Sleeping Day.
February diversity, equity & inclusion
Alright, now it’s time to get into the marketing ideas. Let’s start with important dates and observances that can help you in your diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Black History Month: Your Black History-related content should not actually be a marketing ploy but a genuine initiative to raise awareness and promote civil rights.Here are some things you can do.
- Highlight prominent Black leaders in your industry—lawyers, politicians, scientists, artists, educators, and athletes who have shaped or are shaping American society or your industry.
- Interview or feature Black business owners, influencers, or members of your community who are helping to make history.
- Share quotes, little-known facts, and eye-opening stats about Black History—especially those related to your industry or niche.
- Tammy Baldwin’s birthday (Feb 11): Tammy Baldwin is the first openly LGBT woman elected to both houses of Congress. Post an inspiring quote from her on Instagram or Facebook.
- Susan B. Anthony’s birthday (Feb 15): This famous female is a leader of the women’s suffrage movement who advocated for abolition, labor rights, equal pay and more. On this day, share an eye-opening statistic or inspirational quote to raise awareness.
Meaningful February marketing ideas
In addition to inclusivity, there are plenty of other themes during February that can help you with meaningful marketing. Showing your support for causes you care about is a great way to connect with your audience and express your core values. Here are some ideas and examples.
Heart Health Awareness Month
So February isn’t all about that $1 pink balloon heart but also that invaluable organ inside of you that makes you tick. If your business is focused on health and wellness, this is a great marketing opportunity for you.
- Fitness centers and gyms can partner with a local health center for heart disease awareness or screenings.
- Host special classes focusing on cardiovascular activity.
- Write informative blog posts about heart health and risk factors. Use this time to market your business by educating your customers on leading healthy lives.
- Give out a free heart-healthy gift with purchases or registrations.
In the example below, this fitness center is giving out free heart rate monitors to those who join in the month of February.
If you’re not a health or fitness business, no problem.
- Any business can sponsor a Healing Heart 5k, or donate a portion of their profits to a heart health-related nonprofit.
- Think outside the box—pet hearts, artichoke hearts, hearts of remain, website health (the heart of a business marketing strategy, for example).
RELATED: 34 Genuine Valentine’s Day Messages and Email Templates to Send to Customers
Children’s Dental Health Month
Dentists can certainly have a field day with this one, but other businesses can use this opportunity to teach parents and students about the importance of dental health.
- Daycares, fitness centers, and churches can host special classes about the importance of dental hygiene.
- If you’re a dentist, you may offer to teach such classes. Or spruce up your dentist website with some extra decorations or promotions.
- Ecommerce businesses can promote their oral hygiene products.
- If you’re not a dentist, a simple social media post to bring your target audience’s attention to the cause can go a long way.
Cancer Awareness Month
In addition to having World Cancer Day, the whole month of February is dedicated to cancer awareness. Show your support on Facebook with a purple-themed post or initiative. You can encourage your followers to “purple” their profile, promote your purple products, or run a purple-themed contest.
Wear Red Day
National Wear Red Day is focused on raising awareness for heart disease. On this day, you could:
- Host an event in support of cardiovascular health and promote it on Instagram.
- Promote your red products or give your social media profiles or homepage a red theme for the day.
- Post an applicable picture to Instagram with an eye-opening stat. This is a great way to increase Instagram engagement.
World Cancer Day
You may also want to run a special promotion on World Cancer Day itself, especially if you’re in the health and fitness industry.
Fun February marketing ideas
Some of these are well-known, others not so much. Take a look and see which ones align with your brand voice and values.
Federal holidays like these are always versatile. Any industry can run a Presidents Day sale—for the day, the weekend, or the whole dang month. Here are some ideas:
- Run a presidential trivia night at your restaurant or even on social media.
- Run a Presidents Day giveaway on Instagram or Facebook.
- Create a Facebook event for your sale.
Ice Cream for Breakfast Day
Ironically, in the middle of Children’s Dental Health Month is Ice Cream for Breakfast Day…oops? But who says you can’t use this quirky holiday to market your business?
Held on the first Saturday of February, this is an opportunity for bakeries, ice cream shops, or restaurants to run special promotions.
Fat (mardi) Tuesday (Gras) is held on the final Tuesday earlier than Ash Wednesday yearly. It’s a celebration of life earlier than the extra somber Ash Wednesday and following interval of Lent. Here are some Mardi Gras advertising concepts:
- Write a weblog submit with a “celebration of life” theme.
- Promote your purple, inexperienced, and gold merchandise.
- Run a Mardi Gras Instagram giveaway.
- Enter prospects on that day right into a drawing for a present card or low cost.
- Offer a reduction to those that put on Mardi Gras beads to your retailer, occasion, or lessons. Promote the sale forward of time with a submit and encourage followers all through the day by posting footage of shoppers carrying their beads.
Love Your Pet Day
Love Your Pet Day is February’s alternative so that you can shamelessly submit about your pet. But listed below are some further concepts to think about:
- Write a weblog submit about what your pet can train you about [topic relevant to your industry].
- Have your staff share pictures of their pets and put the montage on social media or in your February publication.
- Come up with a pet-themed incentive. For instance, Select Hotels invited its followers to touch upon its submit with their favourite moments with their pets, and that in the event that they did, “A surprise awaits the two of you on your next visit.”
Make a Friend Day
This day offers you a lot of alternatives for inventive advertising.
- Send out a evaluation request e-mail themed round asking your prospects to be your good friend. (Use these February email subjet lines for inspiration!)
- Partner with a neighboring or complementary enterprise and run a joint buddies promotion.
- Remind individuals of your referral program or run a one-day particular the place referrals end in a reduction or present.
Groundhog Day Contest
This superstitious day occurs on February 2 yearly. For the uninitiated, if the groundhog sees its shadow, winter will final six extra weeks. If it doesn’t see its shadow, spring will arrive early. Plenty of enjoyable advertising materials to work with right here.
- Run a sale the place the supply is contingent upon the end result of the day.
- Create content material impressed by the Groundhog Day film, sharing tricks to break up the monotony or keep away from repeating errors.
- On Groundhog Day, you may run a contest, share a query or ballot along with your viewers, or just share a enjoyable truth concerning the day.
The Super Bowl is without doubt one of the most watched packages on tv. How does your audience relate to soccer? Are they soccer followers? Spouses or dad and mom of soccer followers? Athletes? Is what you are promoting situated close to a Superbowl venue? Run a particular throughout Superbowl weekend, create Superbowl-themed merchandise, or share a useful tip related to what their Superbowl expertise will probably be like.
February hashtag advertising concepts
Hashtags can broaden your attain and add some character to your posts. Here are some fundamental February hashtags to mess around with.
If you’re simply getting began along with your Instagram advertising, begin fundamental with one thing so simple as a #Febsale. In the beneath instance, the small enterprise Mexicali took a snapshot of their ready-to-ship orders to advertise their February sale and encourage individuals to purchase.
They didn’t use a photograph shoot or fancy Photoshop graphics; only a easy behind-the-scenes sneak peek and a caption that closes with a query.
#FebruaryFeels for temper
You don’t have to have a sale for a February-friendly Instagram submit. How about simply interesting to your viewers’s temper throughout this time of 12 months?
Just be sure to’re interesting to the temper of your particular viewers in February because it pertains to what you are promoting. Is your viewers…
- Filing tax varieties?
- Returning again to high school after break?
- Reading love tales and looking for optimistic vibes?
- Totally embracing singledom?
#FebruaryFeels for a testimonial
Look again by your pictures and even user-generated content material. Can you repurpose any of them for a #FebruaryFeels-inspired testimonial, because the Australian Girls Choir does beneath?
#FebruaryFavorites to advertise different content material
This is an effective technique to floor seasonal content material or merchandise and even to deliver to gentle a few of the forgotten ones. Share a roundup of your hottest services or products, and even your favourite ideas, instruments, merchandise, or assets associated to your viewers’s targets and desires.
#FebruaryFunction to advertise merchandise
Whether the product you’re selling is February-themed or not, you can also make it so by utilizing the hashtag #Februaryfeature. Pick one thing you’d like to advertise in February and see if #Februaryfeature can assist improve gross sales and engagement associated to it.
#FebruaryFunction to function an worker
You might additionally function an worker, pupil, or buyer. These kinds of function posts can get your staff, prospects, and followers enthusiastic about what you are promoting. Plus, they’ll need to share their “celebrity” submit with their community, which can assist improve your attain.
Another theme you may benefit from in your February Instagram advertising is #FreshStartFebruary. This is very relevant for companies within the well being and wellness business.
As you may see, there may be rather more to February than Valentine’s Day (however we’ve loads of (*47*)). Use the concepts above for inventive and high quality engagement along with your viewers—the easiest way to market what you are promoting. And don’t overlook about March! If you’ve got occasions or promotions deliberate for Saint Patrick’s Day or different holidays, get your viewers within the know.
For extra month-to-month advertising concepts, right here’s our full checklist:
P.S. For advertising concepts for the entire 12 months, take a look at LocaliQ’s always-updated marketing calendar.
Full checklist of February nationwide days & dates
Thanks, as at all times, to National Day Calendar.
- Baked Alaska Day
- Dark Chocolate Day
- Freedom Day (Freedom From Slavery)
- Get Up Day
- Serpent Day
- Texas Day
- Heavenly Hash Day
- Tater Tot Day
- Groundhog Day
- Girls and Women in Sports Day – Changes Annually
- Carrot Cake Day
- Day the Music Died Day
- Missing Persons Day
- Women Physicians Day
- Optimist Day – First Thursday in February
- Create a Vacuum day
- Hemp Day
- Homemade Soup Day
- Thank a Mail Carrier Day
- Wear Red Day – First Friday in February
- Bubble Gum Day – First Friday in February
- Weatherperson’s Day
- World Nutella Day
- Ice Cream for Breakfast Day – First Saturday in February
- Play Outside Day – First Saturday of Every Month
- Frozen Yogurt Day
- Lame Duck Day
- Chopsticks Day
- Fettuccine Alfredo Day
- Periodic Table Day
- Send a Card to a Friend Day
- Boy Scouts Day
- Kite Flying Day
- Iowa Day
- Safer Internet Day U.S. – adjustments yearly
- Cut the Cord Day
- Bagel and Lox Day
- Pizza Day
- Toothache Day
- Cream Cheese Brownie Day
- Home Warranty Day
- Umbrella Day
- Giving Hearts Day – Second Thursday in February
- Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day
- Inventors’ Day
- Make a Friend Day
- Peppermint Patty Day
- Shut-In Visitation Day
- White Shirt Day
- Plum Pudding Day
- Global Movie Day – Second Saturday in February
- Galentine’s Day
- Cheddar Day
- Tortellini Day
- Pork Rind Day – Day of the Big Game
- Cream-Filled Chocolates Day
- Ferris Wheel Day
- Organ Donor Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Football Hangover Day – day after the Superbowl
- Clean Out Your Computer Day – Second Monday
- Gumdrop Day
- Singles Awareness Day
- Wisconsin Day
- Almond Day
- Do A Grouch a Favor Day
- Pancake Day (IHOP) – adjustments yearly
- Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Cabbage Day
- Battery Day
- Crab Stuffed Flounder Day
- Drink Wine Day
- No One Eats Alone Day – Changes yearly
- Caregivers Day – Third Friday
- Arabian Horse Day *
- Red Sock Day * – Third Saturday in February
- Chocolate Mint Day
- Lash Day
- Vet Girls RISE Day
- Comfy Day
- Cherry Pie Day
- Love Your Pet Day
- Muffin Day
- Grain-Free Day
- Sticky Bun Day
- Presidents Day – Third Monday
- Supermarket Employee Day *
- California Day
- Cook a Sweet Potato Day
- Margarita Day
- World Spay Day – Last Tuesday in February
- Banana Bread Day
- Dog Biscuit Day
- Tile Day
- Tortilla Chip Day
- Toast Day – Last Thursday
- Chili Day – Fourth Thursday
- Chocolate Covered Nut Day
- Clam Chowder Day
- Skip the Straw Day – Fourth Friday
- Set a Good Example Day *
- Pistachio Day
- Tell a Fairy Tale Day
- Anosmia Awareness Day
- Kahlua Day
- Retro Day
- Strawberry Day
- Polar Bear Day
- Chocolate Souffle Day
- Floral Design Day
- Public Sleeping Day
- Tooth Fairy Day
- Rare Disease Day USA – Last Day in February
February 29 (Every Four Years)