They say a relaxed thoughts is a inventive thoughts, however it’s exhausting to remain relaxed whenever you’re operating a enterprise—not to mention in September when everybody’s switching gears. Lucky for you although, there’s a slew of occasions and themes in September that you should utilize for straightforward and artistic advertising. And I’m not simply speaking Labor Day or Back to School….
So on this put up, I’m going to equip you with over 50 distinctive methods to market what you are promoting in September, together with actual examples from companies identical to yours. Argh ya prepared? (Couldn’t resist).
September nationwide months
- Addiction restoration
- Baby security
- Better breakfast
- Childhood most cancers
- Childhood weight problems
- Disaster preparedness
- Fall hat
- Food security
- Life insurance coverage
- Mortgage professionals
- Suicide prevention
- Update your resume (worldwide)
September holidays & nationwide days
Here are simply a number of the many holidays and nationwide days of September. You can see a full checklist of days and dates at the underside of this put up.
- Patriot Day
- Labor Day
- Voter Registration Day
- No Rhyme (Nor Reason) Day
- Read A Book Day
- Grateful Patient Day
- Swap Ideas Day
- Hug & High Five Day
- Day of Encouragement
- Hug Your Boss Day
- Dance Day
- ClearUp Day– Third Saturday In September
- Talk Like A Pirate Day
- American Business Women’s Day
- Family Health and Fitness Day
- Love People Day
You can see a full checklist of days and dates on the backside of this put up.
September advertising concepts to rejoice variety, fairness & inclusion
There are loads of alternatives to be proactive with diversity, equity, and inclusion this month. In addition to the ones featured below, there’s also Love People Day, Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, and Intergeneration Month.
Hispanic Heritage Month
National Hispanic Heritage Month, which truly runs from September 15 – October 15, is a time to rejoice the historical past, tradition, and contributions of Latinx and Hispanic Americans. Here are some methods to acknowledge it in your advertising:
- Recognize Latinx influencers: Do some digging to search out Latinx influencers or historic figures in your area of interest or neighborhood. Depending on their degree of movie star, share details about them, interview them, or highlight them on social.
- Mark your calendar. The independence anniversaries of Latin American nations is the explanation behind it’s begin date. You can share a unique reality or stat about every nation on its respective day.
- September 15: El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Honduras.
- September 16: Mexico
- September 18: Chile
- October 12: Dia de la Raza/Columbus Day
- Donate: Consider donating to the Hispanic Heritage Foundation, Latinos for Education, the Latino Equality Alliance, or different group devoted to Hispanic neighborhood assist.
Just One Human Family Day
(*56*) happens each September 12 and it’s precisely what it feels like. It’s a day to keep in mind that irrespective of the place we come from, what language we converse, what we seem like, what our talents and beliefs are, or how we establish ourselves— on the finish of the day, we’re all only one huge human household dwelling on this planet, all deserving of compassion from each other. You can incorporate this into what you are promoting advertising by:
- Sharing the collateral: Share the lyrics or the YouTube video of the song “We Share Just One Planet” on social.
- Do an earthly act of kindness: Reach out to somebody and do one thing variety for them. Better but, do one thing variety for the planet with them, like plant a tree or choose up trash.
- Swag: Sport the t-shirt or stickers to indicate your assist and put up on social.
American Business Women’s Day
Women in enterprise are a power to be reckoned with in immediately’s economic system. There are 114% extra girls entrepreneurs than there have been 20 years in the past Share some stats
- Compile a round-up: Find 10 girls main the best way in your area of interest and write a round-up of them in a weblog put up. Tag them on social whenever you promote the put up—they may share with their viewers!
- Run a stat-themed sale: For instance, girls began 49% of recent companies within the US final 12 months. Send out a promotional electronic mail providing 49% off of choose merchandise, or run a $49 particular.
- Run a ballot or quiz: Find some fascinating stats about girls in enterprise and switch them right into a ballot or quiz or interactive put up sequence for your followers. Like “What percentage of businesses are owned by women globally,” for instance.
September advertising concepts for month-to-month consciousness
Your enterprise doesn’t essentially need to be in an business straight tied to any of the September consciousness causes. Here are some concepts for incorporating September causes into inventive, low-budget advertising.
It comes as no shock that September is National Self-Improvement Month. It’s the second new 12 months of the 12 months the place folks get again into their routines after summer season. Here are some concepts for advertising round this evergreen subject:
- Create a video with your personal self-improvement ideas.
- Share your favourite self-improvement books and ask your followers to remark again with theirs.
- Write weblog posts on goal-setting or listicles like “X Ways to Improve Your [memory, credit score, leadership skills]” or “How to Improve Your [X] in 5 Minutes.”
- Run a 30-day problem on Facebook or Instagram
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
There are a number of methods to have interaction your viewers and your workers with cause-based advertising within the identify of childhood most cancers consciousness. You may:
- Post eye-opening stats about childhood most cancers on social media.
- Register your organization for the Great Cycle Challenge and get your workers out on their bikes. Not solely will you be combating child most cancers, however you’ll be selling good well being and pleasant competitors amongst your workers. Encourage photograph sharing so your viewers can observe alongside all through the month.
- Host a fundraiser and promote T-shirts to assist a selected little one or the trigger usually.
Food Safety Month
With September being Food Safety Month, this is a chance for well being specialists and eating places to advertise their companies, publicize their finest practices, and reassure clients.
You may additionally tie it in properly with the back-to-school theme, like with the instance under:
National Wilderness Month celebrates the anniversary of the Wilderness Act, which was pivotal within the conservation of American land and the creation of nationwide parks. Here are some methods to make use of it in your advertising:
- Share your favourite climbing trails and ask your followers for theirs.
- Post pictures from your personal wilderness adventures.
- Share some eye-opening stats or a quote by John Muir.
Back to School Month
So August is definitely the official National Back to School Month, however who’re we kidding. Any sort of enterprise can take part within the again to highschool season. You can:
We’ve acquired loads extra with these 31 Easy Back-to-School Marketing Ideas That Work for Any Business.
September advertising concepts for holidays & nationwide days
Reffering again to my intro, sure—National Talk Like a Pirate Day is a factor and it happens on September 19. But I’ll allow you to come up your personal concepts for that day (I’m THIS near throwing in a pirate pun). Let’s discuss a number of the many different particular days of September.
If it weren’t for Labor Day, the primary Monday of September would doubtlessly be the worst Monday of the 12 months. Here are some concepts to check out:
For extra superior concepts, take a look at these Labor Day Social Media Posts, Promotions, & Marketing Ideas To Celebrate
This day is devoted to the 2,977 victims of September 11. Here are some methods to indicate your assist:
- Make it a day of service for your group.
- Display flags in and outdoors your retailer.
- Encourage your viewers to take a second of silence on the instances of the assaults
NFL Opening Night
Opening night time for the NFL falls in September. Celebrate the season opener with some inventive advertising for what you are promoting. Here are some concepts:
- Engage clients on Facebook by asking about their favourite groups or operating a trivia contest.
- Decorate your storefront, restaurant, or studio in group colours.
- Run a football-themed particular.
- Offer reductions on recreation days or when your group wins.
First day of fall
The autumnal equinox (for the Northern Hemisphere) happens within the final week or so of September, which signifies that the variety of daylight and nighttime hours is identical. This celestial vacation (yay) marks the official finish of the summer season (unhappy).
But the primary day of fall is a phenomenal second new begin granted to us every year—therefore why September is the brand new January. So it’s a terrific alternative to publish content material round contemporary begins and fall collections.
And since this present day occurs on the finish of the month, you possibly can run a countdown sequence all month lengthy.
You might also be concerned with utilizing any of those 157 genuine fall hashtags.
Positive Thinking Day
Positive Thinking Day falls on September 13 yearly and by no means will get any much less versatile. Any enterprise can use this vacation for nearly any motive: to cheer up, encourage, encourage, praise, thank, assist, encourage, or [insert any positive verb your heart desires here]. Dentists can join this to smiles, bodily therapists to restoration, inside designers to adorning, and the checklist goes on.
Working Parents Day
National Working Parents Day falls on September 16. If your viewers contains working dad and mom, humanize your model and acknowledge their exhausting work. And don’t neglect about your guardian workers!
Good Neighbor Day
Good Neighbor Day, on September 28, is an efficient time to do some outreach throughout your Instagram, LinkedIn, or geographically native community. Acknowledge fellow neighboring companies on social media to encourage a sense of community, or provide you with a contest the place followers or workers can nominate good neighbors for a grand prize.
Read a Book Day
National Read a Book Day is a inventive means for preschools, tutors, and different education-oriented businesses to market themselves. If what you are promoting isn’t associated to training, learn a guide associated to your business and share your insights and learnings in your weblog or social media profiles.
This can be time to give again to your neighborhood by studying a guide to kids or the aged. Volunteering will not be solely a honorable factor to do, it would make you are feeling good and as a bonus, possible improve model consciousness in your native market.
International Day of Charity
September 5 is the International Day of Charity. Choose an area charity to assist and get your workers concerned, whether or not in particular person or nearly.
Or, if you happen to’re already supporting a charity, function them in your weblog or social media profiles and invite your followers to assist them as properly.
Update your Q&A Section
You can, and will, populate your personal Q&A piece in your Google Business Profile. This lets you get forward of frequent buyer questions and improve their confidence in selecting what you are promoting. Take this time to handle of any questions that could be significantly related for fall, corresponding to:
- Do you’ve got pupil reductions?
- Does your back-to-school package deal embrace sauna use?
- Do you’ve got the back-to-school provide checklist for my native elementary college?
- What are your hours on move-in weekend?
Update your fall hours
If you’ve got a seasonal enterprise, ensure that to replicate any modifications in your hours in your Google itemizing. When it involves native advertising, the main points are key.
Our pals at LOCALiQ share some nice September newsletter ideas, however listed here are just some:
- Run an email-exclusive summer season clearance promo to boost engagement.
- Include an inspirational quote for Positive Thinking Day.
- Let clients know if you happen to’ve modified your hours for fall.
- Provide a few of your most useful weblog posts for staying considerably centered earlier than the lengthy Labor Day weekend.
Stand out this fall with these free & straightforward September advertising concepts
Hopefully these September advertising concepts and examples have given you some materials to work with for your weblog, social media profiles, web sites, and different free advertising channels. Interested in additional marketing ideas for every month of the year? We will help with that…
And for planning, check out this marketing calendar template from our friends at LOCALiQ.
September advertising holidays and nationwide days (full checklist)
As promised, right here’s the total checklist of September social media holidays, courtesy of National Day Calendar:
No Rhyme (Nor Reason) Day
Lazy Mom’s Day – First Friday in September
Food Bank Day– First Friday in September
College Colors Day – Friday earlier than Labor Day
Tailgating Day – First Saturday in September
World Beard Day – First Saturday in September
Cheese Pizza Day
Be Late For Something Day
Read A Book Day
Labor Day – First Monday in September
Beer Lover’s Day
Grateful Patient Day
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses Day
Teddy Bear Day
Swap Ideas Day
Patriot Day and Day of Service and Remembrance
Just One Human Family Day*
Hug and High 5 Day *
Day of Encouragement
Pet Memorial Day – Second Sunday in September
Hug Your Hound Day – Second Sunday in September
Grandparent’s Day – Sunday after Labor Day
Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day
Celiac Disease Awareness Day
Bald is Beautiful Day
Day of the Programmer – 256th Day of the Year
Boss/Employee Exchange Day – Monday after Labor Day
Parents Day Off
Live Creative Day
Tackle Kids Cancer Day
Online Learning Day
Working Parents Day
Professional House Cleaners Day
Constitution Day and Citizenship Day
Hug Your Boss Day – Changes Annually
Air Force Birthday
HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day
Dance Day– Third Saturday in September
Gymnastics Day– Third Saturday in September
Boys’ and Girls’ Club Day for Kids – Third Saturday in September
Puppy Mill Awareness Day – Third Saturday in September
Responsible Dog Ownership Day – Third Saturday in September
ClearUp Day– Third Saturday In September
Talk Like A Pirate Day
Wife Appreciation Day – Third Sunday in September
Care for Kids Day
IT Professionals Day– Third Tuesday in September
American Business Women’s Day
Car Free Day
Autumnal Equinox – Changes Annually
Celebrate Bisexuality Day
Brave Day– Fourth Friday in September
Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Last Friday in September
Research Administrator Day
Family Health and Fitness Day USA– Last Saturday in September
Compliance Officer Day
Situational Awareness Day
Day of Forgiveness
Family Day – Fourth Monday in September
Drink Beer Day
Good Neighbor Day Fourth Sunday
Voter Registration Day – Fourth Tuesday in September
Women’s Health & Fitness Day– Last Wednesday in September
Love People Day